At Standard Forge, we love waking up everyday to forge branding solutions for companies all across the country. This means staying up to date on the latest trends and techniques, but also keeping a solid footing in the past to understand what has worked and why.
We create brands that can stand the test of time by building a creative team with the resources to craft and present a consistent, trustworthy identity and message to a target markets.
About the Role:
The key focus of the UX / UI Designer is to support Standard Forge’s clients by designing, evaluating, and improving solutions to ensure that we deliver value to our clients. We’re looking for a creative thinker, who will deliver UI prototypes, mockups, and collaborate with the Account Manager, Content Creators, Web Developers, Project Manager, and clients.
This role is specifically designed for someone who enjoys working on a variety of projects in a serious, but fun start-up environment to help with multiple, upcoming projects.
- Formulate an effective, responsive design
- Understand needs of clients in a variety of industries and translate into websites and applications that exceed expectations
- Work as member of team to design a functional, secure, and responsive site
- Collaborate with other team members in order to meet strict deadlines
- Speak directly with clients to collect feedback on milestone deliverables and implement into design
- Translate customer needs, motivations, and behaviors into website design
- Understand principles of design thinking and why it is important
- Translate complex concepts into simple, elegant user workflows
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based websites
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Solution-oriented person who can show a track record of work and innovating around problems
- Using iterative concept prototyping, user testing, monitoring to ensure that our solutions always resonate with client’s audience and needs
- Develop high-level storyboards, mockups, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate information architecture, interaction, and design ideas
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, and in collaboration with other members of the design team, including clients
- Expert in WordPress, Drupal, Processwire, and other CMS platforms
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Must have an expert knowledge of building cross-browser user interfaces
- Knowledge of best practices and patterns with page speed and web performance
- Experience with backend developers in an MVC framework
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects
- Database experience and experience with InDesign a plus
- Ability to manage time efficiently and multitask to meet strict deadlines
- Attention to detail in executing requirements to specification
- Experience integrating social networks and other web APIs
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and performance engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices, trends, and techniques
- In-depth understanding of responsive design
- Complete understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Adaptability to change direction of a project on a moment’s notice
- Strong passion and desire to stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Bachelor’s Degree; or
- 3-5 Years Design Experience
- Professional Portfolio
- 2-3 recommendations
- Must be within an hour and a half of Jackson, NJ (Can work remote, but may need to come into the office at times)
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job and should not be considered an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks,and duties.
Standard Forge utilizes a Portfolio-centered hiring process. We’re looking for high-quality team members who are excited by the opportunity to grow with us and are more interested in your ability and how you can contribute to our team. In addition, if you don’t meet the years of experience requirement, you can substitute a strong portfolio and additional recommendations.
This is a freelance, per project-based position with plenty of opportunity for growth. We have experienced rapid growth over the last year and are looking for strong candidates to grow into management positions. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team and given the early age of the company, you will have the opportunity to have a profound impact on our continued growth.
If you meet our requirements, complete the form on this page. Any application without a portfolio will not be reviewed. Please, no calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Standard Forge Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.