Longitude is looking for freelance creatives and designers to support on the digital execution of our clients’ thought leadership campaigns.
For the right candidates, this is an opportunity to collaborate with an innovative and exciting company that supports some of the world’s best-known brands – while working on a flexible, project-by-project basis.
We want to hear from individuals based in the UK with proven expertise in:
- Infographics/data visualization (creating a compelling visual narrative from research survey data)
- Social content (data-based static and animated ‘tiles’ based on individual data points)
- Animation (primarily restricted to manipulating data and lines of text on screen, with scope for some illustration animation)
- Visual content for microsites (eg designing parallax-scrolling pages to support a range of static text, images and content assets)
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with the following skills and personal qualities:
- Proficiency in standard design tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), as well as in relevant tools where required (e.g. After Effects for animation, etc.)
- Ability to produce innovative, clean and artful design solutions – especially for the visualization of numerical data
- Ability to work closely with demanding international clients and challenge their thinking where necessary
- Basic understanding of data, combined with flawless attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-keeping skills
- Understanding of UX and UI across web, mobile, social
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
When submitting your application, please include a link to your portfolio and a few lines outlining why you are suitable for this position.
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is majority owned by the Financial Times Group. Longitude’s product offering spans three areas: Advisory, a set of services that helps clients to plan and execute effective and differentiated thought leadership campaigns; Research, which encompasses surveys, interview programmes, data modelling and desk research; and Content, which covers multi-format thought leadership campaigns, spanning reports, articles, opinion pieces, visual and interactive content.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.