Designer, Random House Publishing Group
The Random House Publishing Group is seeking a Designer to join their talented team of professionals. This position requires imagination, passion, and strong design skills. The designer will create both book jackets and covers for a wide range of titles.
- Design covers and jackets working closely with art directors, editors, and publishers. Work with freelance designers, illustrators, and photographers. Thorough understanding of digital prepress.
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience, preferably in book publishing
- Be skilled in Adobe CS, in particular InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience in all aspects of book design with an awareness of current design trends, capable of preparing presentation materials, maintaining high production standards, and keeping to schedules and budgets
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
Title and salary to be commensurate with experience of applicant. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.