Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we’re a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we’ve helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million ( https://envato.com/blog/milestone-celebrating-500m-community-earnings/ ).
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia’s Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 ( http://inside.envato.com/envato-coolest-company-for-women/ ) and 2016 ( http://www.searchparty.com/blog/coolest-companies-winners-2016/ )). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015 ( http://press.envato.com/109596-envato-named-one-of-2015-s-best-places-to-work ),2016, ( https://envato.com/blog/best-places-work-australia-2016-envatos-17/ ) 2017 ( https://envato.com/blog/makes-envato-great-place-work/ ) & 2018 ( https://envato.com/blog/how-do-you-grow-a-company-without-losing-a-positive-culture/ ) BRW Awards.
OnEnvato Market ( http://market.envato.com ) thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. WithEnvato Elements ( http://elements.envato.com ), we oversee one of the world’s largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting withEnvato Sites ( https://sites.envato.com/ ). On our education platformTuts+ ( http://tutsplus.com ), over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace calledEnvato Studio ( http://studio.envato.com ). We’ve also just acquired Placeit ( https://envato.com/blog/placeit-joins-envato/ ), an awesome logo-builder and mockup tool, with a team based in Guadalajara, Mexico!
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world, we’re also growing really fast!
As a Content Insights Specialist in the Content Group at Envato, you will work closely with the General Manager, the Content Insights Manager, and Content Analysts to identify trends, research new opportunities, monitor the changing competitor landscape, track industry developments, and recommend tactical approaches to strategies around our content and contributors. You will take part in planning and measuring the impacts of various content strategies, supporting business goals such as new contributor/content acquisition and ensuring we have the right content.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate and synthesize market research, industry trends, competitive analysis, and internal stats into well organized and compelling insights and tactical approaches for achieving content goals.
- Work closely with all types of quantitive data sets and qualitative information, turning them into actionable business insights.
- Look beyond the numbers to uncover content and contributor trends and insights both internally and externally.
- Perform research and analysis to drive our active content and contributor targets, and in support of various internal team projects and needs.
- Drive internal communication and knowledge sharing around our content and contributor insights across the business.
What we’re looking for
- 2-5 years experience within an analytical or consulting role, preferably for an Internet/Technology/Creative company.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking skills.
- Curious and investigative in your approach to solving problems – you think outside the box.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills – you’re just at home writing a detailed technical report as you are presenting to a group.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple projects, work independently, and stay organised.
- Full proficiency in MS Excel and Office.
- Proficient in SQL (MSSQL/Postgres/Redshift).
- Experience in working with large data sets and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in business, statistics, economics, engineering or similar fields.
- Advanced degree in related quantitative or business fields is a plus.
- Creative background and strong understanding, interest, and/or passion for different types of creative tools and content is a HUGE plus (audio, video, graphics, web design & development, photography, coding, 3d, etc)
- Ability to build effective relationships with individuals across all levels of an organisation.
- Strong demonstrated alignment to Envato’s values.
What we offer
- A fantastic culture ( http://inside.envato.com/a-great-place-to-work/ ) of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working ( http://inside.envato.com/reflections-on-remote-working/ ) conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world ( http://inside.envato.com/reflections-on-remote-working/ )!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato ( http://www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato )
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity ( http://inside.envato.com/proud-to-be-diverse/ ) and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we’d like to hear from you.
Please speak to your manager before applying for this role then submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
( https://drive.google.com/drive/search?q=btw ) ( https://drive.google.com/drive/search?q=btw ) ( https://envato.com/blog/best-places-work-australia-2016-envatos-17/ ) ( http://inside.envato.com/a-great-place-to-work/ )
( http://www.searchparty.com/blog/coolest-companies-winners-2016/ ) ( http://inside.envato.com/envato-coolest-company-for-women/ ) ( http://blog.jobadvisor.com.au/australia-cool-tech-companies-2015/ ) ( http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/envato-named-australias-coolest-tech-company-in-jobadvisor-competition/story-fnkgbb3b-1227036827879 )